Saturday, September 24, 2005

Zoo Update


I don't know if I posted about the cat I got from the shelter here hiding for 10 days under my bed and then I got someone to get her out and we moved her to the store where I realized her nose and eyes were running so took her to the vet and got Clavamox antibiotic and nose drops for her... cleared up the cold in a few days but by then, my Persian cat was sneezing and then her nose started running although I didn't think they'd even had contact so I started her on the Clavamox and nose drops and now she's better but the Himalayan has sneezed a couple of times and so far, no runny eyes or nose... the last few days, Cleo (the shelter cat) has gone ballistic if you touched her sides and if you held her, she'd swipe at your nose and turn into a demon although she's extremely friendly and wants attention all the time... sits on the rubber buffet when people are there going through the rubber and follows customers around the store wanting to be petted... so I took her to the vet and of course, she didn't react at all when the vet manipulated her sides but she got a pain shot anyway so that was $68 on top of the $51 for the cold... my $13 cat has become very expensive... her name is Cleo now.
 
And my deaf Maltese got my newish glasses last night and bent the nose grip thingie and chewed a little on one lens so I have to go to Lenscrafters tomorrow and get that taken care of... I hope they don't charge me for it but they probably will.  It's a good thing she's so cute... she has paper torn up EVERYWHERE and the place looks like a disaster area both here and in the store area where she's taken a liking to wrapping paper.  I need to get her spayed soon... maybe then she'll stop humping my arm and the other dogs.  LOL  She is like a cat and gets up on the table when I'm eating and as soon as I put her back down, she's right back up again.  Good thing it's only me eating there... she thinks everyone who comes in the store should hold her and pet her and carry her around ever since a woman did the first day she was in the store and she whines and cries when they don't... I hope she gets over that!  Li'l Herman will tolerate her playing with him for a while but he tires of it as she just goes and goes and goes.   The other dogs are so old, they can't be bothered and Lucy growls at her and Sugar barks at her when she tries to engage them in play... sometimes, when Li'l Herman and Mitzi are tearing around the house chasing each other, Sugar steps in and barks at them to tell them to settle down.  LOL  Bella has been lying low ever since Mitzi arrived but each day, she's more visible... Silver doesn't take any guff off her and comes up on the bed with the dogs and sleeps.  There are other great cats at the shelter but I'll never dare get another one there as they're all sick. It's a disgrace the way the place is run... typical government operation.  They don't know what animals they have or where they are...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home